Looking for self catering holiday cottages in Whitby?
These Whitby holiday cottage properties stand on a small working farm overlooking open fields with views down over Whitby Abbey to the sea. This pair of converted 16th-century holiday accommodation barns stand in open country, just 3 miles from the ancient seaport of Whitby, on a small working farm.
Set away from the road and surrounded by fields, there are views of the abbey from the self catering holiday cottages. There is a local pub and restaurant nearby the cottages.
Whitby, with its colourful harbour and picturesque marina, was home for Captain Cook as he prepared to discover the world. The cobbled streets and yards which lie beneath the Abbey on the east side are full of interesting shops and 3 miles of golden sands stretch along the coast to Sandsend.
With the scenic coastal village of Robin Hood’s Bay just 3 miles away, it will inspire and delight. Inland, the North Yorkshire Moor National Park, renowned as ’Heartbeat’ country is excellent for walking, or you may wish to travel on the North Yorkshire Steam Railway which travels across the moors from Grosmont to Pickering.
High Mitten Cottages are ideal for people wanting a fishing holiday in Yorkshire, or visit Whitby Abbey, or have a golf holiday Yorkshire. They are an ideal base for horse riding holidays in Yorkshire with plenty of local stables.
High Mitten self catering cottages near Whitby are also ideal for visiting the Dracula Whitby weekend and Goth Whitby Yorkshire as they provide holiday accommodation near Whitby
- WiFi available.
- Pet free
- You can visit Robin Hood’s Bay nearby
- Ample free parking
- Have a drink in the nearby local pub within walking distance
- Or, visit the local restaurant
- Enjoy the beautiful sea views
- Visit the fishing port of Whitby North Yorkshire
- Use as a base for a Yorkshire fishing holiday
- Visit Whitby Abbey
- Use as a base for a Yorkshire golf holiday
- Use as a base for a Yorkshire horse riding holiday
- Use to stay self catering during Whitby Dracula Goth Weekend